Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Girls, on Film

This is the first roll of 35mm I have taken in about 8 years! I used color film at ISO 400 or 800 (I can't remember). I don't get all the technical data written down for me like I do shooting digital. You can tell they are grainy, but it is real grain, not digitally added grain or yucky noise. There is a certain softness to film that I love, and you can't reproduce that any other way, other than to shoot with film.

I will be incorporating more film into my work with client sessions. I want to remaster this basic medium that started my love affair with photography!





1 comment:

Miriam Herm said...

good for you! there is a softness to these pictures that i really love. very nice. and i love their little bedroom. so cute! as much as i completely love having ava and seth share a room, this makes me excited for when i can stick my girls into a room together.